Pooches offers Doggy Daycare and Boarding services in Nagoya, Japan, where the dogs are permitted to play together off-leash. It's a fun and safe place for your dogs to spend their day or vacation while you're worry-free during yours!
Reasons Why You Should Bring Your Dog To Pooches:
- Provides an outlet for exercise for your dog throughout the day, which is a great alternative to them remaining inactive and bored at home.
- Develops socialization skills for your dog.
- Reduces separation anxiety for your dog. (And you!)
- Builds confidence in shy dogs.
- Renews vigor and cognitive function in senior dogs.
- We closely monitor the dogs to ensure their playtime remains safe and fun for them.
- We post daily updates on our YouTube and Blog so you can see what your dog is up to during the day! It's a great way to stay involved with your dog even while you're away from them.
- This is a mostly cage-free facility. Visit our YouTube page to get a feel for our space!
Please make a reservation today to come and visit our facility to be sure your dog has a safe, comfortable place to stay while you are gone.
If you call, please ask for Kubota and speak simple English.
- Open 7 Days a Week
Monday-Friday 7:30 - 12:30, 14:30 - 19:30
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 - 18:00
- Arimatsuura71-38, Narumicho , Midori-ku Nagoya-shi, Aichi, 458-0824, Japan
Great! I want to board my dog at Pooches! How can I apply?
- Submit an application. The application can be printed and delivered in person or sent by email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please be sure to read the “DayCare and Boarding Information page” in full before you apply. application form
- Please schedule an interview with us so we can observe and determine your dog's compatibility to our extremely social environment.
(Please note: Not all dogs are accepted for daycare and boarding. This doesn't mean that you don't have a good dog, but that your dog may not be suited for the daycare and the boarding environment.)
Daycare and Boarding Information
- Check in and out time is anytime during business hours, except during naptime from 12:30 - 14:30.
- 10% off for multiple dogs from the same household
- Cash only, please.
- If you need to drop off or pick up your dog outside of opening hours, you will be charged an extra fee. If you know of this need beforehand, please inquire with us if this alternative time is acceptable.
- All you need to bring is their bedding and their food and/or any medication they may be taking. Portion the food into individual meals and place it in baggies.
- We provide items including toys, food/water bowls and some bedding.
- Please do not bring any items that are expensive, breakable and that you absolutely need to get back.
A Typical Day's Schedule
- Wake up
- Breakfast: Dogs are separated into crates or fenced in their own circle to eat. After eating, they will remain separated to allow for proper digestion.
- Free play
- Naptime: Dogs are separated into crates or fenced into their own circle for naptime. If your dog needs a snack or lunch, it will be given at this time.
- Free play
- Dinner: Dogs are separated into crates or fenced in their own circle to eat. After eating, they will remain separated to allow for proper digestion.
- Free play
- Bedtime: Dogs are separated into crates or fenced into their own circle for the night. Kubota-san lives above the facility and monitors the dogs from there.
|Size of Dog||1 - 20kg||+ 20kg|
|10 day pass**||23,000¥||28,000¥|
|20 day pass**||40,000¥||50,000¥|
*Half day = weekday: AM or PM | weekend day: up to four hours
**Day pass expires six months from date of purchase
|Per night(24h)||Overtime(per 1h)||Maximum Overtime Charge|
Pooches is owned and operated by Fumie Kubota. Kubota has been a lifelong lover of dogs and decided to build her life around the care and training of dogs. To supplement her existing obedience training knowledge from Japan, she traveled to Canada to complete a dog-training course where she was able to receive certification in canine obedience and first aid. She currently owns 3 dogs, Pooch, Joy, and Coco.
Kubota and the rest of her staff are highly skilled in understanding and managing dogs, as they are all dog behavioral trainers. They constantly strive to give the customer's dog the utmost consideration for their care and safety by constantly learning more about dog behavior.